- Olive oil
- Rice bran oil (my preference for sautéing, not a must have)
- 1 yellow and 1 orange pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 red and 2 green peppers for stuffing (tops off and pitted)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 lb. of thin sliced chicken breast
- 2 lbs. of jumbo shrimp
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- In a saute pan (I used a wok) over high heat, add the rice bran oil (or olive oil if you don’t have it).
- Once heated add the peppers, onions, shrimp, chicken and rice.
- When all cooked through, remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bread crumbs and hot sauce stir until
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. oil pan.
rub peppers (inside and out) with olive oil.
- Stuff peppers with the mixture, top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes